I am a Senior Full Stack Developer, specializing in web applications in the healthcare industry.
University of Maryland, University College
Bachelor of Science - Computer Science.
Summa cum laude
University of Maryland, University College
Master of Science, Cybersecurity
Expected Graduation: May 2020
Nov 2016 - Present
Senior Full Stack Developer
- Mentoring and training new developers through pair programming and knowledge sharing/transfer sessions.
- Completing code reviews to ensure best practices and coding standards are maintained throughout the code base.
- Developing a web application that assists clinicians in monitoring patients during outpatient care.
- Practicing Test Driven Development as well as Behavior Driven Development through use of various different testing frameworks including SpecFlow and NUnit
- Building advanced API integration testing using Postman.
- Collaborating with developers, SCRUM master, QA and Product Owner to determine the best approach to implement software requirements.
- Producing detailed documentation to aid other teammates in understanding the design and operations of the system.
- Spearheading stretch initiatives to help improve the quality of the product.
- Maintaining existing software products through developing bug fixes for service bundles.
- Assisting teams with grooming and prioritizing tech debt, in order to keep the system up-to-date and running smoothly.
Exceptional Software Strategies
Nov 2015 - Nov 2016
- Assisted Project Managers and teammates in preparing and facilitating customer demonstrations and status meetings.
- Collaborated with developers, SCRUM master, Project Managers, and clients to determine the best approach to implement software requirements.
- Developed REST-ful style Services layer that interacts with Keycloak, an external authentication server that manages the users for the application.
- Implemented the Administration Panel using Angular JS, for managing Clinician and Administrator roles, and updating legal agreements.
- Collaborated with team member to implement a document repository using Amazon S3 services with an interface in Angular JS, for users to upload and manage files and other resources.
- Works side-by-side with clients during testing, providing live technical support, through identifying bugs and offering training where needed.
- Designated on-call engineer, responsible for troubleshooting issues within the production environments during off-time
- Trained new developers through coaching and training of the system, the processes, and technical proficiencies
Planet Pluto Games
2013 - 2016
- Performed tests on core code base as well as un-implemented game prototypes.
- Maintained and updated development tasks through proprietary ticket-tracking system.
- Designed and implemented updates to art assets, including main menus and Heads-Up displays.
- Assisted in maintaining developer documentation through the use of the project's wiki software.
Best Buy Co. Inc.
1999 - 2013
2009 - 2013
- Trained and led store team to work together cohesively to accomplish store-wide goals.
- Developed processes that delivered increased customer satisfaction results.
- Exceeded operational standards through controlling store revenue and costs.
- Played a pivotal role in the success of a region-wide initiative to retain female employees and customers, through co-founding a leadership development program for female leaders.
Geek Squad Manager (and various other roles)
1999 - 2009
- Performed computer hardware installations on Windows and Mac devices, such as memory, hard drives, optical drives and power supply units.
- Planned, designed and installed user computer systems based on user specifications.
- Diagnosed software issues, performed system updates, and installed new software.
- Troubleshot systems and assisted clients in determining hardware and software updates.
- Performed data migrations and system backups in facilitating client’s updating hardware systems.
- Resolved client’s general software technical issues through troubleshooting using various scenarios and determining an appropriate solution.
Skills and Additional Experience
Scaled Agile Certified May 2017
Aptitude for learning new processes and systems quickly.
Ability to develop strong client relationships through active listening and effective communication.
Excellent writing skills and able to communicate well to management and team members.
Highly analytical thinker with the ability to identify issues, communicate concerns, and devise means of solving problems.
Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society
Upsilon Pi Epsilon Honor Society