I am a Director of Development, specializing in web applications in the healthcare industry.
University of Maryland, Global Campus
Bachelor of Science - Computer Science.
GPA: 4.0, Summa cum laude
University of Maryland, Global Campus
Master of Science, Cybersecurity
CRISP Shared Services LLC
Feb 2019 - April 2021
CRISP Engineering is building a clinical Smart on FHIR application which provides a means for an EHR user to access patient information from all participating facilities in their region or jurisdiction. The team also builds the supporting APIs that deliver data not only to the Smart on FHIR app, but also to external entities. These services leverage scalable cloud services which processes over 30M transactions each day.
Director of Development
Feb 2020 - present
Senior Software Engineer
Feb 2019 - Feb 2020
- Mentoring and developing teammates through one-on-ones, development plans, code reviews, pair programming and coaching.
- Conducting technical phone screens and live interviews with developer candidates.
- Spearheading architectural and security-related initiatives such as Threat Modeling and conducting Failure Modes Effects Analysis activities.
- Building advanced API integration testing using Postman.
- Managing, prioritizing, and ensuring timely delivery of work items from the backlog.
- Collaborating with external teams to develop specifications, identify goals, and develop features of cross-team development initiatives.
- Building tooling and processes within the team's Continuous Improvement/Continuous Delivery pipeline.
- Facilitating Agile process meetings such as Backlog Grooming, Backlog Planning, Sprint Reviews and Team Retrospective meetings.
- Maintaining an environment of continuous improvement through incorporating improvement within various aspects of the team's daily workflow.
- Supporting development teams in the successful execution of Scrum through facilitating Scrum of Scrums, coaching and training, and project-level backlog prioritization.
- Working alongside product managers and business analysts to prioritize initiatives in order to deliver features in a timely fashion.
Nov 2016 - Feb 2019
Senior Full Stack Developer
- Mentored and trained new developers through pair programming and knowledge sharing/transfer sessions.
- Completed code reviews to ensure best practices and coding standards are maintained throughout the code base.
- Developed a web application that assisted clinicians in monitoring patients during outpatient care.
- Practiced Test Driven Development as well as Behavior Driven Development through use of various different testing frameworks including SpecFlow and NUnit
- Built advanced API integration testing using Postman.
- Collaborated with developers, SCRUM master, QA and Product Owner to determine the best approach to implement software requirements.
- Produced detailed documentation to aid other teammates in understanding the design and operations of the system.
- Spearheaded stretch initiatives to help improve the quality of the product.
- Maintained existing software products through developing bug fixes for service bundles.
- Assisted teams with grooming and prioritizing technical debt, in order to keep the system up-to-date and running smoothly.
Exceptional Software Strategies
Nov 2015 - Nov 2016
- Assisted Project Managers and teammates in preparing and facilitating customer demonstrations and status meetings.
- Collaborated with developers, SCRUM master, Project Managers, and clients to determine the best approach to implement software requirements.
- Developed REST-ful style Services layer that interacts with Keycloak, an external authentication server that manages the users for the application.
- Implemented the Administration Panel using Angular JS, for managing Clinician and Administrator roles, and updating legal agreements.
- Collaborated with team member to implement a document repository using Amazon S3 services with an interface in Angular JS, for users to upload and manage files and other resources.
- Works side-by-side with clients during testing, providing live technical support, through identifying bugs and offering training where needed.
- Designated on-call engineer, responsible for troubleshooting issues within the production environments during off-time
- Trained new developers through coaching and training of the system, the processes, and technical proficiencies
Planet Pluto Games
2013 - 2016
- Performed tests on core code base as well as un-implemented game prototypes.
- Maintained and updated development tasks through proprietary ticket-tracking system.
- Designed and implemented updates to art assets, including main menus and Heads-Up displays.
- Assisted in maintaining developer documentation through the use of the project's wiki software.
Best Buy Co. Inc.
1999 - 2013
2009 - 2013
- Trained and led store team to work together cohesively to accomplish store-wide goals.
- Developed processes that delivered increased customer satisfaction results.
- Exceeded operational standards through controlling store revenue and costs.
- Played a pivotal role in the success of a region-wide initiative to retain female employees and customers, through co-founding a leadership development program for female leaders.
Geek Squad Manager (and various other roles)
1999 - 2009
- Performed computer hardware installations on Windows and Mac devices, such as memory, hard drives, optical drives and power supply units.
- Planned, designed and installed user computer systems based on user specifications.
- Diagnosed software issues, performed system updates, and installed new software.
- Troubleshot systems and assisted clients in determining hardware and software updates.
- Performed data migrations and system backups in facilitating client’s updating hardware systems.
- Resolved client’s general software technical issues through troubleshooting using various scenarios and determining an appropriate solution.
Skills and Additional Experience
Scaled Agile Certified May 2017
Aptitude for learning new processes and systems quickly.
Ability to develop strong client relationships through active listening and effective communication.
Excellent writing skills and able to communicate well to management and team members.
Highly analytical thinker with the ability to identify issues, communicate concerns, and devise means of solving problems.
Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society
Upsilon Pi Epsilon Honor Society